Live & Local Stanutz Series Sunday Matinee concert series celebrates the great music within our community!
Thank you for the tremendous response! Our 2017-2018 Sept – June season is fully booked.
Click here to read about the Live & Local Stanuz Series.
About the room:
- The GigSpace seats a capacity of 45 with state of the art sound system and stage lights. The space is promoted as an intimate listening room where the artist can enjoy and interact directly with a responsive attentive audience.
- We do not offer reserved seating.
Before you book:
Discuss with us before you book if you have alternative plans or ideas outside of the typical concert of two 45 minute sets with a 15 minute intermission.
How to book:
- Note beginning Oct 2017 GigSpace bookings are curated by the board of directors.
- Please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about potential dates you are interested in.
- Live & Local rental fee is $200 payable by cash, cheque or e-transfer.
Show times and suggested ticket price:
- Live & Local Concerts are Sunday Matinees, downbeat is 2:00 PM.
- Load in and set up time is 12:45 -1:30 PM, doors open at 1:30, concert starts at 2:00 PM, intermission at 2:45 PM, 2nd set starts at 3:00 PM, concert finishes at 3:45 PM. Performers are encouraged to pack up gear immediately following the concert.
- We suggest a ticket price of $20.
- The performer is responsible for all ticket sales, ticket collection on the day of the concert and a float if needed.
- GigSpace sits a maximum of 45 seats. Additional seats cannot be squeezed in.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page for GigSpace gear listing. Please tell us in advance whether or not you will be using the house drum kit.
- Grand Piano – the piano is tuned frequently often several times per month. If you need the piano tuned specifically for your concert please contact us for details.
What we do for your event.
- GigSpace will provide a webpage with your bands photo and a link to your website for all details and ticket sales. GigSpace will include your listing on our online calendar, our monthly e-newsletter, plus you are welcome to share your event on our GigSpace Facebook page and Twitter.
- GigSpace will run the bar, provide soundcheck, and run sound & lights for the concert.
What we need from you:
- Photo, concert title, a link to your website.
- Posters – if you are interested we have space for two posters at GigSpace. Please drop them off to Alcorn Music Studios Monday thru Thursday, 3 to 9 pm or leave in our mailbox anytime.
- Live & Local logo – GigSpace will provide you with a jpg or eps file please use the logo on all your print and social media.
You are welcome to video your gig, the uncluttered background and quiet audience make for excellent recordings. Please contact us in advance to discuss set up for video, if chairs need to be removed remember to sell less tickets.
Contact us in advance if you are interested in doing a live recording of your concert. Use one of our recommended sound engineers or bring your own. http://gigspaceottawa.com/recording/
SOCAN – you are responsible for reporting to and paying any SOCAN fee.
GigSpace operates a bar selling beer, wine, pop and perrier for an additional source of revenue. Presenters may not offer refreshments unless they have express permission in advance from us.
About bringing food:
There is an additional fee for presenters interested in offering appetizers/ finger-food/ baked goods etc. GigSpace must be contacted well in advance of the concert date to confirm details. The additional fee is to cover the cost of a cleaner to come in after hours to sweep and mop the floors, vacuum the chairs, and wipe down all surfaces in the waiting area, GigSpace, and the room used for food prep.
Some suggested promotion links!
- Ottawa Citizen Print edition: email@example.com send by noon Monday, at least two weeks prior to the event.
- Ottawa Jazz Works newsletter: http://www.jazzworkscanada.com/contact-ojh.html
- CBC: share an event firstname.lastname@example.org
- CBC: http://www.cbc.ca/ottawa/community/community_calender.html
- Ottawa Beat Newspaper: email@example.com
- Ottawa Tourism submit an event
- Ottawa Folk Music Events: Open to all genres! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to POST to this list
- Apt.613: http://apt613.ca/events/
- Bytown Sound: https://www.bytownsound.ca/submit-event/
- Artengine Artlist: daily email listing of cultural events in the Ottawa/Gatineau region www.artengine.ca/community/artlist-en.php
- Ottawa Tonight: http://www.ottawatonite.com/
- Ottawa Citizen Events: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/entertainment/events-listings/index.html this is an online calendar, not the print edition – and a valuable posting!
- Ottawa Jazz http://ottawajazz.com/events.htm – email link is at the top.
- Ottawa Events: http://app01.ottawa.ca/ArtsCalendar/home.jsf
For additional questions or if you are interested in booking please send an email to email@example.com Tim or Marilee will be in touch.
The GigSpace has :
- Yamaha C3 Grand piano
- Yamaha custom bebop drumkit + hardware – a generous donation from Dave’s Drumshop
- Allen & Heath mixer.
- RCF Art series speakers.
- Yamaha monitor.
- SM86 microphones and stands
- Gallien-Krueger Bass Amp
- Two Roland Cube Guitar Amps
- stage lighting
- 4 music stand lights: please bring your own if you require more
- music stands
- piano lamp
- A spot to sell your CDs
- reception/waiting area
- 2 washrooms
- A room nearby for gear storage and warm up.