Are you interested in booking a concert with us?
Please read the info below to understand the intended use for the GigSpace. We are a non-profit, charitable organization. All proceeds received by the GigSpace go directly into running the venue.
- The GigSpace seats a capacity of 46. The space is promoted as an intimate listening room where the artist can enjoy and interact directly with a responsive attentive audience.
- Generally speaking, Friday, Saturday and Sundays are available for public performances and or workshops. The GigSpace is usually booked Monday through Thursday with ongoing classes, workshops and rehearsals.
- $50 deposit is required to secure your gig. Contact us for further information regarding performer payment. For the deposit you can call 613-729-0693 (Alcorn Music Studios) between 3:00 – 8:30 PM, Monday thru Thursday, and pay with MC or Visa. Or you can write a cheque to GigSpace Performance Studio and mail it to: GigSpace, 953 Gladstone Avenue, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 3E5.
- Performers are paid by cheque. One cheque for the total amount is issued to the performer. If you need to pay band members please come prepared. We do not pay cash.
- About HST: GigSpace is a not-for-profit incorporated Registered Charity and is not an HST registrant. Concert and workshop tickets are sold without HST. If the performer is an HST registrant and is concerned about HST reporting options, they should consult with their accountant about revenues received from an HST exempt source.
- The GigSpace advertising for your event includes a webpage dedicated to your performance, listing on our online calendar, your photo/poster on our frontpage slideshow, our monthly e-newsletter, plus you are welcome to share your event on our GigSpace facebook page.
- We need from you: a jpg of your poster or your media photo and concert title, a blurb about yourself and/or your band and music, start time, ticket price, the names of all musicians, your website address.
- Posters – we have space for two posters at the GigSpace. Please drop them off to Alcorn Music Studios Monday thru Thursday, 3 to 9 pm.
- We strongly encourage you, the performer to take responsibility for any advertising outside of the GigSpace. Send emails, use Facebook to share your event posting , use twitter and word of mouth, put up posters around the city, and please do your best to post or email to the following:
- Ottawa Citizen Print edition: firstname.lastname@example.org send by noon Monday, at least two weeks prior to the event.
- CBC: http://www.cbc.ca/ottawa/community/community_calender.html
- Apt.613: http://apt613.ca/events/
- Ottawa Tonight: http://www.ottawatonite.com/
Couch Assasin: http://couchassassin.com/
- Ottawa Citizen Events: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/entertainment/events-listings/index.html this is an online calendar, not the print edition.
- Ottawa Events: http://app01.ottawa.ca/ArtsCalendar/home.jsf
- Ottawa Jazz Works newsletter: email@example.com
- CKCU In a Mellow Tone: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liz Sykes Ottawa Blues newsletter (she advertises for all genres): email@example.com
- Dawg FM: Community Events, Dylan Black: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ottawa Folk Music Events: Send an email to email@example.com to POST to this list
- The Ottawa Musician.ca: online listings.
- Ottawa Kijiji and any other online posting you feel would be appropriate.
- We recommend people purchase concert admission in advance on all our advertising and mention it is general seating. Please let us know your admission price preference. You can view our concert listings current and past to see the range of ticket prices other performers have used. Most charge $15 or $20.
- The GigSpace doors open a ½ hour before the concert starts. Any rehearsing or band set up needs to be finished before then.
- Suggested show times: Fridays 7:30 pm, Saturday 7:30 pm and Sunday 7:00 pm. Typically the musicians play two sets, except on Sundays one longer set is recommended. Start times can be changed if needed, but generally speaking Ottawa is an early audience.
- We do not offer reserved seating.
- You are welcome to video your gig, the clean background and quiet audience make for excellent recordings.
- In some instances the GigSpace will be making archival recordings of the performances. A copy of the raw files can be burned to a DVD for you for $20.
- SOCAN – please provide the GigSpace with your setlist and the composer’s names, this will be submitted to SOCAN to enable them to compensate the composers for use of their music.
For additional questions or if you are interested in booking please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Tim or Marilee will be in touch.
The GigSpace has :
4 music stand lights: please bring your own if you require more, stand lights or clip on lights are a necessity if you are reading music.
a piano lamp
Bose compact PA
SM58 microphones and stands
Heintzman Grand acoustic piano
A table to sell your CDs
small kitchen where you can enjoy our coffee, a variety of teas, filtered water.
A room nearby for gear storage and warm up.
visit our GigSpace facebook page for photos of the space.